This promotion is closed
Give your furnace or boiler some TLC. Have them serviced.
Have your natural gas furnace or boiler serviced between September 18 and October 31, 2017, and you could qualify for a $25 rebate.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer with an individual gas meter.
- The maintenance service must be carried out by a BC Safety Authority (BCSA) licensed natural gas contractor (Airco is a BSCA Licensed Contractor!)
- The service must occur between September 18 and October 31, 2017.
- If you qualify, your rebate will appear as a credit on your FortisBC natural gas bill.
*You can find a complete list of requirements under the terms and conditions.
How to apply
- Review the terms and conditions.
- Contact Airco Heating and Cooling
- Apply online for your rebate by November 30, 2017.Be ready to provide:
- your FortisBC natural gas account number (your rebate will be applied as a bill credit on this account)
- your email
- a scanned copy of your service invoice indicating the date of service, details of the work performed and the BCSA licence number of the gas contractorSee a sample invoice to ensure your invoice includes all required information.
If you have any questions about the online application, please call 1-800-663-8400 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please allow 90 days for your rebate to be applied as a credit on your FortisBC natural gas bill.
Why maintenance is important
Having your natural gas appliances serviced by a BCSA licensed natural gas contractor has numerous benefits. These include:
- Safety—a gas contractor will inspect the area around your appliances to help ensure there is proper ventilation and no combustibles are nearby.
- Efficiency—regular maintenance helps ensure your system operates at optimal energy-efficiency standards.
- Longevity—during the service, a gas contractor can identify any worn parts and replace them before they fail, which helps sustain your equipment’s safe function and extended lifespan.
- Air quality—a gas contractor can check your furnace filter, show you how to replace it and recommend how often.
- Warranty—most manufacturers require regular servicing to ensure your warranty remains valid.
What your service should include
The cheapest service isn’t always the best option. When you book an appointment with a contractor, ask if the service includes a natural gas safety check and if the employee performing the work is a BCSA licensed gas fitter. During the service, ask if all gas components are working properly and safely.
After the service, ask the gas contractor for a copy of their completed checklist.
For more details, see the BCSA’s complete service checklist