Install Apprentice/Crew Member - 2022 - Full-Time
Airco Heating & Cooling Ltd is hiring a full-time Residential HVAC Installation Assistant/Apprentice.
Are you at a crossroads in your life and looking for the right path? Do you also enjoy working with tools and technology, not being stuck in an office, and solving problems? If so, this position could be just the ticket and lead you toward good pay and a great career.
Who is Airco and why consider working with us?
We are a professionally managed company with a family focus and a long history of quality and service to our customers. Our work is generally south of the Fraser River. We have an A+ rating with the BBB and great online reviews, and we want to keep it that way. We work hard to balance the needs of our customers with the needs of our team. Our customers expect good service and fair treatment. Our team expects fair pay, respect and family time. We are growing but we have not lost our focus on respect for our customers, employees, and suppliers.
We are recognized as one of the Best of the Best in Langley from 2016 to 2021.
Please check out our Google reviews to see how we treat our customers. We treat our team just as well!
We are looking for a skilled individual to join our team as an installation assistant/apprentice. The responsibilities of the Install assistant/apprentice include assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of residential heating and cooling comfort solutions. Ultimately, a top-notch HVAC helper should be physically fit, good with their hands, able to effectively follow instructions and a good problem solver. The position will lead to a formal apprenticeship for the right candidate.
- A driver’s license is preferred.
- Must be physically capable of performing all work required of this position, i.e. occasional lifting of 25 kg up to shoulder height, frequent bending, occasional squatting/kneeling, working inside and outside in all types of weather within environments that can be dusty and/or slippery.
- Must be able to communicate clearly and effectively in English, both in written and verbal communications. Additional language skills are considered an asset.
- Must have strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
- Must have outstanding customer service skills.
- Must be able to demonstrate the ability to understand/learn new technologies (i.e. Electronics/ electricity).
- Very punctual and dependable.
- Must be willing to wear company-supplied clothing.
- Maintain company vehicle to a neat clean and safe standard.
- You are honest, patient, and proud of the work you do.
- You're not afraid of smartphones and electronic technology.
- Problem solving/troubleshooting
- Customer service
- Professional attitude
- Openminded and willing to learn
- Basic hand tool skills or willingness to learn
- Knowledge of trade safety standards and protocols or willing to learn
We offer top wages, benefits, profit sharing and ongoing skill training with opportunities for growth. Successful candidates will undergo a reference and background check.
Reply to this post with your qualifications and salary expectations. A resume is preferred. Enquires can only be made by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Airco is an equal opportunity employer and we encourage all that are qualified to apply. We thank all those who apply but will only be able to contact shortlisted candidates.
Why work with Airco Heating & Cooling?
Rest assured knowing we give you the tools, training, and support, to do your work safely every day.
You are a name, not a number. You are a professional and we treat you like one.
Share your ideas. Make decisions. Be a leader.
No two days are the same. Solving problems and helping clients help to make each day interesting.
Be Part of the Family
We are a family business that is growing rapidly and don't forget our roots.
We are proud of our business and our people. We continue to grow by doing great work, investing in our people, and sharing our success with them.
Be Honest. Be Ethical.
The right thing is ALWAYS the right thing. Treating customers with respect and focusing on their needs is what we have built our business on - not pushy sales tactics. Take a look at our reviews and see the response you get when you put ethics first.