FortisBC Rebates are back
As a member of the FortisBC trade Ally Network, we are excited to announce the new 2015 TLC and Furnace Replacement Program!
2015 Appliance Service (Give your furnace/fireplace some TLC) Details
Incentives and Important Dates
$25 bill credit or cheque for a furnace/boiler service and $25 for a fireplace service, for a total maximum of $50 max per household
Service must be completed between April 22, 2015 and September 30, 2015
Completed applications must be postmarked by midnight September 30, 2015
2015 Furnace Replacement Program Details
$800 customer rebate (one per account holder)
Pre-Qualification Codes will be available April 22 – July 20, 2015
Furnace/boiler must be purchased, installed and paid in full between April 22, 2015 and October 31, 2015
Completed applications must be postmarked by midnight October 31, 2015
Registered mail is recommended
· The furnace being replaced must be an operational non-condensing natural gas furnace/boiler and at least 10 years old
· In order to ensure installation took place during program eligibility dates, we will require the gas installation permit date on application forms.
Pre-qualification code required, available online or by phone
The simple pre-qualification process will be used again to help customers get their rebate processed more efficiently, reduce declined applications and to have more control on program entrants. Customers must indicate that their furnace/boiler is in working condition, and confirm that they understand other key program terms.
NOTE: The customer must include a valid pre-qualification code with their application form in order to qualify for the rebate. Only customers who pre-qualify will be mailed or emailed application forms. Application forms are not available online.
pre-qualification codes available at fortisbc.com/furnace or by calling 1-800-663-8400
Limit of one code per account holder
Codes available April 22 – July 20, 2015
Eligible Products will be listed on Fortisbc.com/furnace
To qualify for the rebate, the replacement high-efficiency natural gas furnace/boiler must be listed on fortisbc.com/furnace. The product must be:
an ENERGY STAR (Version 4.0) certified or equivalent natural gas furnace rated 95 percent AFUE or higher
· equivalent furnaces must be:
- rated 95 per cent AFUE or higher
- rated ≤ 2.0% furnace fan efficiency (e) and be listed with Natural Resources Canada
- an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas boiler rated 94 percent AFUE or higher
- an ENERGY STAR certified natural gas combination boiler system used for both space and domestic hot water heating rated 94 percent AFUE or higher
- a natural gas furnace specifically designed for mobile home use rated 95 percent AFUE or higher
the primary heating system for the home in which it is installed; heat pump systems, heat pump systems used for air conditioning, and systems where the natural gas furnace/boiler is used as a secondary or back up heating system are NOT eligible for rebates;
- Emergency replacements of furnaces/boilers are NOT eligible for rebates
If a Contractor deems the existing furnace/boiler to require over $1,000 (pre-tax including parts and labor) in repairs and/or deems it to be unsafe to operate, the new furnace/boiler will be considered an emergency replacement and the Customer will not be eligible for a rebate.