2016 Program has ended. Stay tuned for future program announcements!
2016 Furnace and Boiler Replacement Rebate Program – $800 off!
Ryan Coleman of EcoLighten Energy Solutions encourages customers to have their new furnace installed to a quality standard to optimize energy efficiency and help extend furnace life.
Furnace and Boiler Replacement Rebate
Replace your aging furnace (or boiler) with an eligible ENERGY STAR® or equivalent model that’s 95 per cent efficient or higher (94 per cent efficient or higher for boilers) and you could receive an $800 rebate. But hurry! You must pre-qualify for your rebate byAugust 15, 2016.
- You must be a FortisBC residential natural gas customer.
- Your existing furnace or boiler must be a minimum of 10 years old and not require repairs in excess of $1,000 (pre-tax).
- You must install an eligible ENERGY STAR or equivalent furnace or boiler.
- Before applying for your rebate, you must have a valid pre-qualification code. Codes are only available until August 15, 2016, or while quantities last.
- Furnaces and boilers must be purchased, installed and paid for in full between June 30, 2016 and October 31, 2016.
*You can find a complete list of requirements under the terms and conditions.
How to apply
- Review the program terms and conditions.
- Apply for your pre-qualification code by August 15, 2016. Note: you’ll need your FortisBC account number.
- If installing a furnace, check out our quality installation resources before you buy.
- Choose and purchase an eligible ENERGY STAR furnace or boiler and have it installed by a BC Safety Authority licensed gas contractor. You can find a contractor by searching our directory.
- Review the quality installation checklist with your contractor.
- Complete the application form in full. Include it, along with a copy of your invoice showing details of all worked performed, purchase date, make and model number and installation permit number. Remember to include your pre-qualification code on your application and have your contractor complete their part of the application. (Please note: incomplete applications will delay processing.)
- Send your completed application postmarked (registered mail is recommended) by October 31, 2016 to:Furnace and Boiler Replacement Program
PO Box 9090
Surrey, BC V3T 5W4Or email your application by 11:59 p.m., October 31, 2016 to email@example.com.
If your application is approved, we’ll mail you a cheque. Please allow up to 90 days to process your rebate.
Ensure a quality furnace installation
Your new furnace can provide you with years of comfort and efficiency, but only if it’s installed to a quality standard. Check out these resources to learn more:
- Watch our short quality install video, which explains what a quality installation is and how you can ensure your new furnace meets this installation standard.
- Learn more with our tips on buying a new furnace.
- Read our interview with Ryan Coleman of EcoLighten Energy Solutions. Ryan is a proponent of the quality installation guidelines recommended to all gas contractors.
- Discuss the quality installation checklist with your contractor before you buy.